HB has been named an Accredited Quality Contractor by Associated Builders and Contractors for the second consecutive year. ABC is celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Accredited Quality Contractors program in 2023, and only select contractors earned the credential.
Launched three decades ago, ABC’s AQC program recognizes world-class construction firms that have documented their commitment in five areas: quality, safety performance, talent management, training and education, and community relations. Annual recertification is required to ensure all participants uphold and maintain rigorous standards, including:
- Quality-based industry honors and third-party recognition;
- Maintenance of an effective company quality control program;
- Financial stability and adequate bond status;
- A strict safety environment, including
- Total Recordable Incident Rates (TRIR) at or below the industry average,
- A robust safety training program in adherence with the company’s corporate safety manual,
- Consistent performance of pre-work job hazard analyses, and
- Participation in ABC’s STEP safety management system;
- Continued craft and management education; and
- Highly competitive employee benefits and programs, civic involvement, and policies that foster nondiscrimination and a substance-free workplace.
Through our Start with Safety program, HB has also continued to earn STEP Diamond safety status from ABC National. Much like the AQC certification process, HB met a strict set of scoring criteria for safety, including training, leadership commitment, culture, and safety processes.